Carrot Cake Bites
Energy Balls are the perfect post exercise snack – they’re quick to make, are a great way to get a nutrition boost and they taste pretty damn good.
Creating a snack rich in nutrients is an ideal way to give your body a healthy boost in the quickest, simplest form possible. And who doesn’t like Carrot Cake? Even better when it’s a healthy alternative that has no unnecessary sugars and definitely no guilt. These little balls are rich in antioxidants from the carrots and the cranberry combo, and we all know the power of adding dates to your recipes which have natural sweetness, are dense in fibre and vitamins. But who are we trying to convince, you had me at Carrot Cake.
- 2 carrots finely grated
- Large handful of pitted dates
- Large handful of cranberries
- 2 cups of mixed nuts
- Dollop of honey
- 1 cup of desicated coconut + more to roll the balls in at the end
- Teaspoon of nutmeg
- Add all your ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mixture is sticking together
- Add in more honey or cranberries depending on your taste
- Empty the sticky mixture out and roll into little balls in your hands
- Empty some coconut onto a plate and roll your balls around until generously covered just like snow
- Set in your fridge and enjoy
These will take less than 5 minutes to make and probably less than half that time to eat. There’s a reason energy balls have become the health snack of the moment – a quick and tasty way to treat your body!